XAMPP runs on the same computer as my browser.
- Important Safety Notice:
The safe operation of the web server, that can be accessed from the internet, is not guaranteed by XAMPP, which is a development system!
- The same configuration on another webserver (e.g. apache, but not XAMPP) is ok!
Follow it step by step!
- Download XAMPP and install it at 'C:\xampp' (and NOT at 'C:\Program Files\xampp\' or similar!).
- Check for 'httpd.conf' file at 'C:\xampp\apache\conf' and
# Virtual hosts #Include "conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf"
# Virtual hosts Include "conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf"
only, if the "#" was in that row!
- Now open 'httpd-vhosts.conf' from 'C:\xampp\apache\conf\extra' and add these lines
<VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin firstname.lastname@example.org DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs" ServerName localhost ServerAlias www.localhost ErrorLog "logs/host.localhost-error.log" CustomLog "logs/host.localhost-access.log" combined </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin email@example.com DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/drupal" ServerName dummy-host.localhost ServerAlias www.dummy-host.localhost ErrorLog "logs/dummy-host.localhost-error.log" CustomLog "logs/dummy-host.localhost-access.log" combined </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin firstname.lastname@example.org DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/drupal" ServerName dummy-host2.localhost ServerAlias www.dummy-host2.localhost ErrorLog "logs/dummy-host2.localhost-error.log" CustomLog "logs/dummy-host2.localhost-access.log" combined </VirtualHost>
If the file contains NameVirtualHost *:80 with a leading "#", remove the hash ("#").
- Restart/reload your web server.
- Now open file '%windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts' and add these 4 lines at end of file
127.0.0.1 dummy-host.localhost 127.0.0.1 dummy-host2.localhost 127.0.0.1 www.dummy-host.localhost 127.0.0.1 www.dummy-host2.localhost
- Now download the latest recommended Drupal release,
create a folder name "drupal" inside 'C:\xampp\htdocs\'
and put all content of this drupal release (including the folder structure and its content) in this folder.
Now you can find e.g. the file 'C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\sites\default\default.settings.php', you need it.
- Create 2 folder name
inside of 'C:\xampp\htdocs\drupal\sites\'
- Create 2 databases for 2 drupal sites (e.g. with name dummyhost and dummyhost2) using http://127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin/.
- Open url
and install them as standard drupal installation process (http://drupal.org/documentation/install).
- Now Drupal "multisite installation" is done, you should look at
for further installation.
SOURCE OF ARTICLES: https://www.drupal.org/docs/7/multisite-drupal/multi-site-on-windows-usi...