Migration D7 to D8 using Migrate Upgrade interface
Preparing before migrate
- Update D7 Core
- Make a list of module that can migrate to D8 - disable and delete any not usingmodule
- Update all use modules
- Clear cache
- 2. Backup the site
- Install fresh & latest D8
- DO NOT DO ANY CONFIGURATION OF D8 UNTIL UPGRADING PROCESS COMPLEAT (Like create content type ctc)
- Enable Migrate module ("Migrate," "Migrate Drupal," and "Migrate Drupal UI")
- Enable module in D8 that the D7 module is run..
- Start migration proses using Migrate Upgrade interface - visit http://www.D8.com/upgrade
- Access to the source (D7) site's files:-
- If only public files are used, they will be accessible through the site's address.
- If private files need to be migrated, the files directory needs to be directly accessible to the new Drupal 8 site and you must configure the Drupal 8 file_private_path path in settings.php before running the upgrade. See picture below..
- If D7 site uses a database prefix, be sure to expand the Advanced options and provide that prefix
- Upgrade page will list the sources and destinations existing or missing based on modules present on the source site
- Click Perform upgrade
- After finish - D8 bring to the front page with summarizing the results - see if any upgrades failed
* See log error to find out more detail about the error
* Check the issue Q for error
> If the data is too large, we may doing the migration process with Drush..